Originally Posted by Frankenduster

I want to maintain stock reliability but increase the power within the limits of the emission systems.

A 390 cubic inch plus stroker would be the route to go. Keep the cam stock as well as everything else.

There's one thing that won't set a check engine light, and that's the fact that the computer has no idea how far that crank is moving, it just knows to feed it the fuel. twocents

Cost-wise, a stroker is around $2000.00 and you will certainly have that tied up in headers, cam, computer, etc. going the other route.

As you may remember Franken, you and I have almost identical trucks: I spent some time in DodgeTalk and RamForumz and remember all the hype about 4.56's and 6.1 cams. A number of guys wound up with some really expensive repairs on practically new half-tons at the time, especially if they "tuned" their trucks. Maybe things have changed, I don't know?

Too bad your truck has so many miles (but that is a good thing up), or I would maybe suggest getting a 500 hp V10 (a few around for reasonable prices), 47RE and an ECM from a SRT10 Ram auto. whistling Can't say that thought has not crossed my mind, except I want the 640hp six speed. drool

Anyhow............somethings for you to think about. wink

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".