In D6 and D7 yes they have been knows to crawl under or ask to remove tunnels to check stuff out. My worst experience ever was in Boise at a D6 S/ST race. The guy actually pulled at the seem of one of my gloves with his pinky on the inside until the seam came apart, then tried to bounce me for it! This was just after he let 7-8 cars go without looking at anything, D6 cars. He then wanted me to take out the tunnel to look at the trans case and bell. I said hell know and went off on him and refused to move until they answered why he intentionally destroyed a glove that was fine before he started pulling on it with all his fat little mite. At first I asked "so what does your brother sell safety equipment close by?" Eventually the track owner came over and they let me run as things were. I did have another pair of gloves in the trailer that I didnt really like to use. But they didnt ask and sent me on my way. Later I find another D7 buddy who was there got tossed for the same glove BS by the same little fat guy. Needless to say we had a talk with the D6 tech director and left satisfied.

I have had my battery cut off checked MANY times at national events.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"