that's funny, I live at the foot of one of the highest hills in FL. IIRC, it is like 1200' above sea level. drive over it daily.

you are right it is a good choice. I used it already and know the feel well. about 3 yrs of daily driving it well. how I know what 3.21-3.23-3.55 all feel like in my truck. 3.21 the fastest out the hole and top speed in 5th but lacked pulling torque uphill- 3.23 was just about right for me- torque uphill depending on how heavy the load- 3.55 hauled all the load no problem but a tad to low gear for traffic under 45mph for me. most I haul or pull is a 82 sportster in the bed or 5 trash cans and only pull a small Jon boat. the biggest pull would be flat towing my 44 truck with a towbar with the sportster in the back when I retire. oh and maybe pull the Jon boat behind the 440 truck as it is flat towed. most likely not all at once. LOL!

BUT I have not had a a833 4 speed in about 25 yrs and were A-body Dusters. I love those A-bodys. 340shorty (R.I.P. Larry Green) had a 6pac340/a833/ pistol grip shifter from a B-body with the ramcharger bucket seats in his 80s d150 stepside with the 3.23-26" tire combo. so killing my A-body 4 speed desire working with what I got why not get as close as I will every get to owning another A-body 4 speed car. just put one in my truck..Yea that's it "just" such a bad 4 letter word, often over used and not fully understood that it is "easier said than done" most times. LOL!

plus I have yet to find and procure said a833 yet. got the truck and hydro bell parts already. I do have the a833OD & truck shifter on hand. Maybe just need to rebuild and swap some parts to make a a833???

also kinda why I want to keep the Holley Street dominator intake. sentimental about it because I had just got the intake in the mail and talked with Larry about the NOS Holley spredbore carb for it for the last time just days before he went to the Hospital for surgery and passed away. the plan back then was to copy his combo for my stepside when I first got it lowerd/tubbed.

so the a833 4 speed should haul everything I need and we are building my sons hunting truck which is an 86 4x4 and he has a 94 ram 1500 2x truck for a beater.

I retire soon, I am a paw paw with a grandson going on 4 and need a new truck combo that's a street friendly fun cruzer able to get out of its own way in traffic and only kind of fast.

let me see what I find on converting 833OD to a regular 4 speed. only thing I do know about the 833 is how to shift one and the OD has 1 of the levers upside down for the shift rod and I am not sure I am well versed in either of those 2 things I know either.