Originally Posted by Cometstorm
Interesting story on the 2010 Buick LaCrosse CSX.

It is mostly our “interstate traveler” so it’s in extremely good condition, all the bells and jingles, only 60k largely Highway miles.

Anyway, about a month ago I was driving it to my first COVID injection... a mass vaccination event. I got caught in what was truly the traffic jam from hell. Standstill bumper to bumper for many miles.

I decided to use the GPS navigation map to try and bypass the jan by using secondary roads around the main jam.

Well, it ultimately directed me to a “road” which I couldn’t believe was on the map. It was a washed out trench with deep ravines, boulders etc. By the time I was in it, I couldn’t decide which would cause more damage... backing up, or continue on the next 300 feet or so. I elected to push forward as backing up meant backing up a steep incline. It was training at the time, of course! shruggy

I made it through, but not before some $7k damage to the front grill, both sides along the bottom, a few other scrapes and dents, destroyed both splash shields. Dang it! whiney

Finally getting it back from the auto body tomorrow, (after two weeks)just before our trip.

At 67 years old, this is my first ever “at fault” insurance event.

Supposedly they won’t raise my rates THIS time because of our insurance record.

That was NOT a good day!

I gotta give credit to the body shop though. Independently owned with many stellar reviews, and they kept me informed every step of the way.

Plus they’ll pickup half my $500 deductible.

That sucks, sounds like a comet hit that road before you did. Rough sounding trip.