Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
If you really want to alleviate worry and enjoy your trip, make a game plan of what you will do if you come out of your room in the morning and the car is gone. You prepared in advance with the VIN, license #, pictures, contact info all in your phone. If it happens, you will: call the cops, check the tracker, call the insurance company, get an uber ride to the rental car agency, enjoy the rest of the trip. Resign yourself to the possibility of this worst case scenario, accept it, and then you won't worry anymore and enjoy the car and the trip.

That's good stuff if your worried.
Me? I'm not going to let the "what might happen" ruin my life, I'm going to enjoy it. If that means to take one car instead of the other, I'm taking the fun car.

I have a 48 Plymouth Business coupe, in the last 9 years we have driven that car over 85,000 miles (last year broke the average because no place was open). If I let the concerns about modern safety, or theft, or damage, I would have lost out on 85,000 miles of enjoyment through 15 states. We are taking another road trip with the coupe in May. If something should happen to it, at least we have enjoyed owning and driving it.

The OP is talking about a car that is still being produced, I don't get it. Gene