One of the old Mopar drag race seminar chassis engineers made a comment about wheelie height, his thoughts were as long as the front 'tars" where off the ground by a little any further movement up was wasted energy and motion shruggy
I stiffen up the front shock travel on my S/P car, it went from 1.27/1.28 60 ft. times to 1.24 with it stiffen up with no other changes up scope
I use to help a friend who raced 1971 Demon 340 car in NHRA stock, he was red lightening a lot by pulling big (2 to 3 ft. high) wheelies at Pomona and going red with .489 to .495 red lights. I convince him to take the 90/10 shocks off the front end and put a set of standard 50/50 Monroe shocks on the car at the races, the next run he cut a .512 light and the car picked up about .009 in the 60 ft. times with about three inch wheelies.
He didn't like the smaller wheelies and put the 90/10 back on for the first round of class on Friday afternoon, he red lighted puke He was the fastest car in his class also so he got to race on Sunday and red lighted again in the second round.
My message is change the car for better results, not the driver tsk

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)