Raw materials for my gasket business have gone up 15-25% a couple times now over the past year and all are threatening again. Worse than that is not actually being able to get anything. I buy 3M spray adhesive in 250lb 5ft tall 2ft dia tanks. Used to just call and order and see a new tank in a few days. The distributor said there is NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. AND there's a production issue which has a hold stop on their production for 2 MONTHS. Only one alternative and that company is 6-8 weeks.

Emailed to order (8) 4ft x 600ft 2000lb rolls of masticated rubber for splash shields. I checked 2 months ago. 22 rolls in stock. Today they had one and a half rolls. The guy asked if I wanted them. HELL YES. Said he wasnt sure when they'd get more "might be months" he said. WTH?!?!?

Spoke to a builder last week about having a building put up. THE GUY TALKED ME OUT OF IT. Said material prices were crazy. Said a cheap building would be $100/sqft. He offered me a nice 14,000ft building about 15 miles north of the Detroit area in a more rural area (WHICH I LIKE) at $62/sqft but about . With all the marijuana growers gobbling up all the industrial buildings in the area and pushing the prices up, $62/ft is cheap.

So its not just lumber.