Originally Posted by Gtxxjon
Hi Folks, the replies are getting more wacky by the day, but its still a good thread!

I only got interested because its the COMBO that I want to run!
1971 sixpack 'all-iron' engine with a sixpack, exhausting through them AWFUL HP manifolds... blah

So will someone out there PLEASE tell me the BEST COMBO???

Basically what I'm saying, who's got the best 'ALL-IRON' set-up, WITH HP manifolds and what's the CAMSHAFT choice...???

Obviously the 'supposed' SIXPACK naughty Nick was running, was a POO motor with low comp pistons, 516 heads (probably) and a lumpy 'OLD SCHOOL' cam... fan

Easy response - call the people that do it regularly, either Bob K (Mr. Six Pack racing) or Dwayne Porter. Buy their recommend camshaft and parts, take their advice, or have them build you an engine. They've done the development and make a few bucks for their effort. Bob K has helped us with a pure stock hemi and 440-6, and his advice has matched up with the results. If I remember correctly, you said earlier you wanted 450 HP, which won't be a problem with a six pack setup and stock manifolds. There have been similar builds on this forum with dyno results as well.