"An iron Hemi block and iron Hemi heads will make the car so front heavy, it will handle worse than it does now.
I do love my '73 Cuda with an iron 440 wedge. But it does handle like crap, IMO. The added weight of Hemi parts ???"
This is my concern with an all iron Hemi.
Originally Posted by ZIPPY

I'm with you.
Every day class is in session, learning never stops up

If you have always wanted a hemi, and a block is available to you...or if you have no problem grabbing one of the Callies blocks that are available now.....my main advice would
be that you really should seize the opportunity as long as the expenditure doesn't cause any stress.
Even if you only have the chance to acquire a good 4.500 bore-capable block and can't do much of anything else for a little while, you should at least get the block.
If it's a good part, and you change your mind later, they hold their value and you can always sell it.
Heading down that road, iron might be easier to sell to street and resto folks (maybe a bigger market), aluminum might be easier to sell to racers.

I tried to give the whole big inch street hemi situation a push with a build thread, but I think about 8 to 10 people were interested in it, and it was mostly just me talking to myself.

I've always wanted one. I have the ability to order an iron block now, or I can wait a little and buy aluminum. The car is almost running again, and it was running well when I broke it. A couple hours and I'm back on the road. So securing a block would likely be the first step in a build that would last a couple years or more. I also have a 340(410?) Dart in line.
I'll look for your build thread, I would really been interested in seeing that. Even though I am not sure I have anything useful to contribute.

Last edited by OhioMopar; 03/11/21 03:19 PM.

1969 Dart GTS 340
1969 Super Bee X9 N-96
1969 Coronet R/T X9 N-96
2015 Dodge Dart GT
2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn.
Looking for the original block for my Bee. The last 4 are 7449