Quote:

Wow, I was surprised to see R/P that far back on the graph. I have used all kinds of oils over the years. When I tear down, all the bearing and other contact surfaces have always looked way better using R/P. I have never used the really high priced oils because I felt there was no need to due to the facts that I held in my hand looking at. I may give a few of the other oils a try to see if the motor likes them a little better, (engine noise and performance). I do trust R/P at the end of the day tho.

Charts and graphs are great data to look at, but at the end of the day nothing beats an engine tear down or a good Used Oil Analysis report.

Quote:

These are the times when I really miss my Grandpa He was a head distributor for Kendall Oil for 30 years and I remember as a kid him always sending samples out to the labs for testing of wear and viscosity break downs. Too bad I was so young then and he died before I would find the need to learn this kind of stuff for my everyday uses. I use Royal Purple in my Dart and Kendall in my street car. I would use the Kendall in my Dart if I could find the racing stuff instead of the plain 10w30/10w40.

God Bless your grandpa, sounds like he was a wealth of information. Wonder what he’d think of all the new things going on the motor oil world today?

BTW, Royal Purple has recently been in the news. Check out this LINK.

CompSyn