Quote:

Quote:

Motor oils are not created equal.

Oh I understand that, but at the end of the day does one (insert specific oil per application such as automotive racing quality oil here) really protect your engine (measurably) better than the other? That's what I'm not really seeing here.

Well some of the benefits of top tier synthetic motor oils may not be fully realized until utilized in endurance type racing.

It just depends on what you’re trying to achieve with your specific application.

For example, I found this post in another automotive forum that might be pertinent to this topic:

Quote:

“I work on an off-road race truck and we run oil temp gauges and found the following: During a fifteen minute race our oil temps would get up to 300+ if using any non synthetic oils. Mobil 1 dropped the oil temps by about twenty degrees to 280 and switching to Amsoil we dropped it to about 250-260 .......this is not representative of everyday usage but keep in mind that the water temp stays always in between 180-200 at all times no matter which oil.....so all in all it is kind of an accepted opinion that Mobil 1 is the cheapest and least effective of the synthetics but all of the higher end oils.......Amsoil, Royal Purple, etc. work better under extreme conditions. I guess it all depends on what your uses are. I just have my own opinions formed because of the info stated above.”

BTW, how are things in SpoCompton I used to live in Spokane.