Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I finish breaking in a new pump gas motor on my motor run in stand today, I had set the lifter preload at room temps. and knew that I would need to reset it with the motor warmed up, hot.
The heads and rocker arms are the Speed Master brand and version of the Eddy Victor with Speed Master bushed extrude aluminum 1.6 ratio rocker arm kit with 7/16 adjuster screws, the heads are CNC ported to 325 CC but they are not M.W. size intake ports.
I set the preload at 1/3 of a turn cold, I had free play on most of the rocker adjuster when warmed up and tried using 1/3 turn preload hot, that didn't work shock
That amount of preload would hold the valves open shock
I ended up having to use 1/8 turn preload hot to get it to start and run. I'll see what it does in the morning cold luck
I'm thinking the heads will shrink down when cold adding more preload and I'm hoping it starts and runs okay luck

My Motor didn't make any lifter noise this morning when cold, it does have some piston to cylinder wall noise (rattle) though when cold whiney I should have had those pistons made with the tighter street piston alloy instead of the race piston alloy realcrazy

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)