Originally Posted by Moparite
Port injection with a tunnel ram is defeating the purpose of the tunnel ram. Not needed if you have port injection. Just get an intake that is set up for it or have bungs welded in. How about this option...

For clarity then, please share the purpose(s) of a TR.

Here is my road race stroker SB TR. This pic is during the build. A few details not exactly obvious, I added a spring loaded pop off valve on the crossover, the fuel rails are plumbed parallel to help equalize fuel temps and pressure, the front rail crossover has an upward arc to assist trapping air in line to soften pressure pulses, I did some lightening milling on the fuel rails and TR as its porky weight wise, and in a road race application way above the COG, I cut out the rather heavy center ribbed stock TR valley cover, and replaced it with less heat transferring Ti ( the pic shows a CF/honeycomb, which I nixed) and way lighter, I epoxy coated the internal water coolant passages to reduce heat transfer into manifold, I added rear head supplementary coolant lines, ( a dubious mod I likely would not repeat), and added gold reflective mylar on outside of bottom of the intake runners.

EFDI TR IMG_7499.JPG

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.