This is a discussion my brothers and I have been kicking around a great deal lately. With the tightening economy, and NHRA's raising of all the fees necessary to maintain sub 10.00 cars, I'm really wishing I had rebuilt my 10.00 @ 133 combo, rather than stepping up to a bigger engine!!
The nice thing about my old combo was that I could fly over the 9.99 radar, but could hit the bottle and dip in the 8's when the desire hit, and truthfully, only about once a year was enough to satisfy the go-fast demon!

I'll be the first to admit that I want to go faster than my 8.92-149 best...I'm just not sure It's worth the money I'm spending to get there!!
The plan right now is to assemble the 514 Indy-1 combo, strut the Challenger, and build new headers. I'm 44 years old, and this is the last time I'm going to spend money for more performance...I'm figuring 9.0's or so on motor, some mid to low 8's on squeeze. The thing is, the faster you get, the more it seems like work, and I'm not talking about between round maintenance, I'm talking about ending up with a car that becomes dependant on track conditions, a handfull on marginal tracks..that's ok if you're just going for a timeslip, but if you're bracket or index racing, it's no fun.

Eventually the Challenger will leave, and I'll be happy with the smallblock 62 Valiant, it's running 10.90's now, but if I can get it to mid 10's with all the street equipment on, and then a little system for kicks, I'll be perfectly content.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines