I'm starting to feel like a broken record, advocating for a lithium battery. But you eliminate so much weight and wiring. Here's what I did. I mounted a four and a half pound lithium battery, 780 cranking amps, under the floor between the driver's seat and the starter. Then I used a regular cutoff switch from summit racing with a shaft and a lever. I mounted that under the floor with the shaft oriented vertically protruding up through the floor below the area between the drivers knees, with the lever pointed to the side. Then I wired the battery to the switch, and to the starter and all the other stuff. Now I have a switch that I can shut on and off while I'm sitting in the car. To operate the switch from the rear of the vehicle, instead of a heavy and expensive Morse Cable, I used a length of 5/16 inch OD by 035-in wall 304 stainless tubing. I put a spherical rod end on it and a bolt through that into the lever on the switch. The stainless tubing extends out the rear of the vehicle. It has a few bends in it to clear obstacles. And a t-handle welded on the end outside under the deck lid. The whole setup is very light, very functional, and very reliable.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"