Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Larry Larson used to be on the show and has run no prep kings with his S10. That truck has run in the 5s if I remember right, ran low 6's in the 1/4 on drag week, and he won NHRA events with it too. Same with Tom Bailey and Lutz's Camaros. Shawn used to put street miles on the Murder Nova and attempted to take it on drag week once.

Youtube is full of no trailer type cash days races as well, 660 street posts a bunch of them.

To me, the baddest cars on the planet are the ones that do RMRW and Hot Rod's Drag Week. Anyone can throw money at a car and make it fast (look at Doc). To survive 1200 miles and 5 tracks in a week is very impressive! I love spectating at these events.

Doug Cook of Motion Raceworks has one of the most impressive cars to me. Ultra clean '69 Nova on 275's and leafsprings that ran 7's all week and never missed a beat. It recently ran a 7.38 at Bradenton! If you didn't notice the full funny car cage in it, you would swear it was a very clean 12 second car.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.