I've heard that people who bought these cars in green and other earthtone colors new were maybe older in general. In the case of green maybe had a military background so more disciplined. Not talking about the high impact color greens. Between my younger brother and I we have 3 Challengers, two light green and one hemi-orange. When we got them the two green cars were relatively complete undisturbed, matching numbers engine & trans. The orange car despite being off the road since 1979 based on the inspection sticker was apparently beaten like the proverbial red-headed stepchild.

Overall I like green, I think a lot of people do but a lot of people don't. Last summer my brother finished his light green Challenger and took it to the Cars & Coffee at Raceway Park, someone filming caught him driving in and put the event on youtube - the comments I could hear were "Bad Ass, Alligator top..."

I was only born in '72 but based on all the cars my father and older brothers & sisters had back then, standard transportation C-bodies, 318 Darts, Lebarons, Aspens, and stuff, an awful lot were green, brown, gold. And I think a lot of the performance models that were originally these colors got changed over to red, orange, purple over the years. That or a whole lot of the high impact color cars died young and a lot more of the earthtone colors survived. Nowadays I tend to gravitate to the cars with the unique combinations of stripes, tops, and interiors. Something like a burnt orange Challenger with a hood blackout, white interior, and a go-mango tail stripe. Or a light green car with a white top and tan interior like the one that surfaced recently. Three color cars. Not many ordered them new but a few did.