Moparts

Green Mopars. Is the hate still there?

Posted By: DUFFMAN

Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 03:13 AM

In my 16 years here I've seen a lot of posts about the hate for green Mopars. I'm wondering if the hate is still there?

A green Mopar made me Mopar and I can't imagine owning one in any other color.

Attached picture IMG_5090.JPG
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 03:24 AM

The Blue Beast had his opinion.

I restored one car in green and will never do it again.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Hate is the ugliest thing any person can possess.. - 02/19/21 03:24 AM

When I first got into Mopars at age 16, the Mopar guys loved them all, there were no color hating Mopar guys.

Sadly a bad element has moved in.

Negative comments about colors for that loser crowd all the time.

They could gouge their eyes out OR learn to love Mopars of all colors.

Variety is wonderful. beer
Posted By: Neil

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 03:28 AM

Not sure people really hate them, but they don't attract the same level of interest. Gold, tan, beige ect. all in the same boat. You look on ebay and a pink or purple cuda will have lots of bidders and a boring colored one won't have as many people wanting it.

I like a good paint job more than the color I think. I'd rather have a green car with flawless smooth as glass paint than a red car full of waves and 80 grit sanding scratches.
Posted By: DUFFMAN

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 03:47 AM

For me it's a double edge sword. Not only do I like green, but I like 4 doors, well at least 1972 Coronets specifically. All 3 that I've owned have been green on green on green.
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 03:47 AM

I really enjoy the resurgence of the F8 color on the new Dodges! A little tired of it on the old ones though.
KID
Posted By: topside

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 03:55 AM

Several of my Mopars have been green, even triple green.
(2 Chargers, a Road Runner, 2 Barracudas off the top of my head)
I think I've only owned two High Impact cars.
(68 Petty blue RR & 71 orange Duster)
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by DUFFMAN
I like 4 doors

I love 4-doors. I have 4 - so far.

One gold with green guts and top.

One white with green guts.

One green inside and out.

One green with black guts and a gator top.

I love green. :-)

I enjoy all colors though, our eyes were made to see them all. :-)
Posted By: A12

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 05:27 AM

Nothing but GREEN MOPAR LOVE here from me. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that I am one of the very, very few (current member) that back in the late '60's (Spring of '69) sat down at my local Plymouth dealership and ORDERED a F5 Limelite GREEN Mopar as in a 1969 Road Runner. I did order it with a black bucket seat interior but the outside was GREEN for sure. Ordered the F5 RR because I couldn't get the local Dodge dealer to even investigate the rumor of the '69 M-Code 440 Dart while I was about to sit down with them to first order a 383 Dart GTS.......in GREEN with a black interior and black tail stripe. Had the '69 F5 GREEN Road Runner for 10+ years and later found and still have "one of the other hated colors" as you mentioned, a Spanish GOLD (Y4) A12 Lift-Off-Hood Road Runner. Then I had this '68 GREEN with GREEN interior RM23 Road Runner........AND found and have the car I really wanted back in '69 a GREEN M-CODE 440 DART GTS......so yes I do LOVE GREEN Mopars and currently trying to get my son into an F8 GREEN Challenger GT AWD...for some reason he's liking that F8 GREEN shruggy boogie wink Do you think just maybe it's a hereditary flaw confused wink grin

Attached picture My F5 RR Jo Ann and current F5 001.jpg
Attached picture DSC02291blmprsb.jpg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 05:30 AM

I like green, it’s actually my favorite color.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 11:05 AM

Put me in the Green car hater's club, seemed every Mopar back in the day was that horrid F8 (usually triple green) almost every Mopar that I bought back in the day to current was either some shade of Green, or turd brown or gold....and if it was a keeper, got a paint color change as the #1 priority, if you grew up in the 60-70s everything was green, brown or gold....much like today with everything, esp cars/trucks being black, white or silver.... I saw a new F8 Chubbenger the other day, it brought back those same green squeamish feelings of yesteryear....

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 12:38 PM

I saw a new F8 Chubbenger the other day, it brought back those same green squeamish feelings of yesteryear....

Whew puke I know exactly what you mean about F8 Challengers ....................................................BTW what color is that DAYCLONA anyway scope rolleyes laugh2

Attached picture dodge-challenger-sca_11600x0w.jpg
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 12:55 PM

Not a fan of most of the 60s/70s greens/browns/tans at all, but I do like some of the greens if the green is broken up with a black or white interior/top/stripe. I also like the high impact greens. Browns and tans, though, no thanks. Paint, tops, interiors, whatever the case may be. I'd never buy a car with those colors. puke

As far as calling people losers because they don't like certain colors... laugh2
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 01:13 PM

my favorite color on a Mopar.

Attached picture PTDC0008.JPG

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by A12
I saw a new F8 Chubbenger the other day, it brought back those same green squeamish feelings of yesteryear....

Whew puke I know exactly what you mean about F8 Challengers....................................................BTW what color is that DAYCLONA anyway scope rolleyes laugh2

Yeah, yeah I know...lol! I hate green cars yet I have one, not my choice, the "original" was F6 with J5 sublime stripes, so the clona' had to be F6/J5, at least it's the better of the greenies...lol!

Mike
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 02:46 PM

Depends on the shade of green. I must admit I HATE F5 green, had quite a few 69 Darts that color, never again! OTOH, anything F6, F8, or Q5 variants are awesome!
Posted By: BH27G1B

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 03:53 PM

I was never crazy about green, but when I saw my old RR conv restored, I liked it.

Attached picture 1 1 69.jpg
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 04:56 PM

Put me in the "not a fan" camp. Back when I was looking for a Dart convertible in 1982 I passed on even making an offer on a '69 GTS convertible because it was triple green. Just couldn't do it...
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 06:08 PM

Allow me to stir the pot! stirthepot How about a green Mopar that's not a Mopar green! panic

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 06:36 PM

There is an F3 1969 Roadrunner in MN with a white interior. Looks great! In fact, that's what I am painting mine when I get to it.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 06:55 PM

I like this shade of green.

Attached picture 100_0783.jpg
Posted By: hosehead

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 11:21 PM

100 percent my favorite color.
65 d100 pine green
58 plymouth wagon misty green
66 dart KK1 turquoise(that counts, right?)

Attached picture 930932AE-ED93-42D9-903E-70AABA67EEBE.jpeg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by hosehead
100 percent my favorite color.
65 d100 pine green
58 plymouth wagon misty green
66 dart KK1 turquoise(that counts, right?)

KK1 is an awesome color, I like LL1 also... up
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/19/21 11:48 PM

It's not that I don't like the color, it's more like the color don't like me. frowwn laugh2

Literally every car I've owned, that gave me a ton of problems or flat out tried to kill me was green. confused

After my last bout of green, you will never see my name on the title of a green car, even if it has been repainted!

Sure, other cars I've owned have had problems/issues, but never as bad as what the green cars dish out. shruggy

I LOVE the look of a '70's B-body 4dr in green like DUFFMAN owns, but I'll never own one.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 12:00 AM

I could live with an F8 green car with white interior and not complain about it
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Hate is the ugliest thing any person can possess.. - 02/20/21 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
When I first got into Mopars at age 16, the Mopar guys loved them all, there were no color hating Mopar guys.

Sadly a bad element has moved in.

Negative comments about colors for that loser crowd all the time.

They could gouge their eyes out OR learn to love Mopars of all colors.

Variety is wonderful. beer

Not sure if you are my age or not but in the 70's where I live you couldn't give a green mopar away. Passed on many RR's ,GTX, Cudas because they were green. When I worked at Summit Racing in 1987 I came across a 70 GTX 19k miles original motor full interior, no rust for $4500. It had been a race car only since1972. Problem was it was lime light or as we refered to it as monkey vomit green.

I talked tomy brother who was the only one in the family that liked the color. He didn't have the money though. So I offered to loan it to him, we met the owner negotiated the price to $3500 and I loaned him the money. My interest for the loan was I got to use the engine in my Cuda. I raced that engine until 2001 when it split a cylinder. The engine needs one sleeve and a small repair to the pan rail. To this day I still don't regret passing on the car.
Posted By: EV2RTSE

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 01:28 AM

I've heard that people who bought these cars in green and other earthtone colors new were maybe older in general. In the case of green maybe had a military background so more disciplined. Not talking about the high impact color greens. Between my younger brother and I we have 3 Challengers, two light green and one hemi-orange. When we got them the two green cars were relatively complete undisturbed, matching numbers engine & trans. The orange car despite being off the road since 1979 based on the inspection sticker was apparently beaten like the proverbial red-headed stepchild.

Overall I like green, I think a lot of people do but a lot of people don't. Last summer my brother finished his light green Challenger and took it to the Cars & Coffee at Raceway Park, someone filming caught him driving in and put the event on youtube - the comments I could hear were "Bad Ass, Alligator top..."

I was only born in '72 but based on all the cars my father and older brothers & sisters had back then, standard transportation C-bodies, 318 Darts, Lebarons, Aspens, and stuff, an awful lot were green, brown, gold. And I think a lot of the performance models that were originally these colors got changed over to red, orange, purple over the years. That or a whole lot of the high impact color cars died young and a lot more of the earthtone colors survived. Nowadays I tend to gravitate to the cars with the unique combinations of stripes, tops, and interiors. Something like a burnt orange Challenger with a hood blackout, white interior, and a go-mango tail stripe. Or a light green car with a white top and tan interior like the one that surfaced recently. Three color cars. Not many ordered them new but a few did.

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 02:12 AM

I agree that cars with boring colors tend to be found in better shape when talking about project cars. There also seem to be more of them left out there vs the hemi orange, red, black, ect. cars.

Some of that may be that the popular colored cars were found and restored first, and what is left are the "leftovers" so to speak.

It's kinda the same thing with manual 4 speed cars. When you see them as projects they are often abused like nobody's business. A column shift version of the same type of car has usually faired better.
Posted By: Moparnutcase

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 02:30 AM

Depends on the shade of the color.....Sassy Grass and Snakeskin are my favorite greens with Limelight close.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 03:08 AM

Green looks just fine to me. Mine is FF4.

Attached picture AAR Eric.jpg

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 03:35 AM

Thinking back to '69 when I ordered my green Road Runner it must have been because I was 18..going on 19 and wanted a car that blended in with most of the non-muscle cars of the day and didn't attract the LEO's attention more than necessary. It was a fact even back then that red cars and high impact colors were more likely to get pulled over and ticketed for even the slightest of over the limit driving. Another was that if I might have considered another color it might have been B5 blue but a good friend had a '68 Hemi RR in blue and my up in age aunt had a blue cougar so for sure I wasn't going for blue laugh2 Black just didn't do it for me, yellow was out, just thought that green would just kind of be not bad as it was different from even the Ford and GM "racy" looking LEO attracting muscle car colors of the day. For me it was what was under the hood and rear axle ratio that made me enjoy driving and street and drag strip racing it.
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 09:50 AM

I am not a fan of the average green metallic but I am no hater.

Carsten

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Moparnutcase
Depends on the shade of the color.....Sassy Grass and Snakeskin are my favorite greens with Limelight close.

Those 3 shades of green along with F6 get my vote as being very acceptable color choices on a Mopar, it's the F8 and lighter shades of drab green that seem to offer no attractiveness to a vehicle IMHO

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 04:01 PM

Anyone know the approximate number of (F3, F5, F8) GREEN 1969 Charger Daytona's that were produced?
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 04:50 PM

My love for Mopars began with my dad's green '73 Dart. LOVE green Mopars.

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/20/21 05:11 PM

There was a guy here years ago who had a over the top restored 68 Charger in that GG1 (?) dark green color that you don't see a lot of. Probably one of the nicest old cars around here and the green paint job looked a mile deep. Nobody in their right mind could tell you they wouldn't love to own it.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/21/21 04:52 PM

When they are period correct, I love them. I love the browns too.
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/21/21 08:24 PM

I love my 2020 F8 1320 challenger, would not have liked it in any other color. love it or hate it, i love mine!!

Attached picture 20200911_193638.jpg
Posted By: Droop69

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/21/21 10:15 PM

I like the greens better than the brown and tans. I had a 71 Duster 340 F8 green with a white painted top and green bench interior. Loved that combo!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/22/21 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by A12

Whew puke I know exactly what you mean about F8 Challengers ....................................................BTW what color is that DAYCLONA anyway scope rolleyes laugh2

Nothing wrong with that green on the new challengers IMHO!

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/22/21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Superfreak
Originally Posted by A12

Nothing wrong with that green on the new challengers IMHO!

Sarcasm on my part there Superfreak......I love GREEN Mopars and really like the current F8 GREEN on all of the current Mopars. up
Posted By: jughed

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/22/21 03:30 PM

Not a green hater, but the only green MoPar I would pay good money for is a 40s or 50s Power Wagon.

preferably in a shade close to this...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/25/21 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by EV2RTSE
I've heard that people who bought these cars in green and other earthtone colors new were maybe older in general. In the case of green maybe had a military background so more disciplined. Not talking about the high impact color greens. Between my younger brother and I we have 3 Challengers, two light green and one hemi-orange. When we got them the two green cars were relatively complete undisturbed, matching numbers engine & trans. The orange car despite being off the road since 1979 based on the inspection sticker was apparently beaten like the proverbial red-headed stepchild.

Overall I like green, I think a lot of people do but a lot of people don't. Last summer my brother finished his light green Challenger and took it to the Cars & Coffee at Raceway Park, someone filming caught him driving in and put the event on youtube - the comments I could hear were "Bad Ass, Alligator top..."

I was only born in '72 but based on all the cars my father and older brothers & sisters had back then, standard transportation C-bodies, 318 Darts, Lebarons, Aspens, and stuff, an awful lot were green, brown, gold. And I think a lot of the performance models that were originally these colors got changed over to red, orange, purple over the years. That or a whole lot of the high impact color cars died young and a lot more of the earthtone colors survived. Nowadays I tend to gravitate to the cars with the unique combinations of stripes, tops, and interiors. Something like a burnt orange Challenger with a hood blackout, white interior, and a go-mango tail stripe. Or a light green car with a white top and tan interior like the one that surfaced recently. Three color cars. Not many ordered them new but a few did.

Color selection on cars had a lot to do with the economic success or malaise of the times. By 1972, things weren't the greatest of times economically, politically, militarily, or nearly any other measure you could come up with. This certainly lead to a lot of cars being made in greens, golds, and browns across all makes.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/25/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by TC@HP2
Color selection on cars had a lot to do with the economic success or malaise of the times. By 1972, things weren't the greatest of times economically, politically, militarily, or nearly any other measure you could come up with. This certainly lead to a lot of cars being made in greens, golds, and browns across all makes.

Actually, I think it is what most people have bought. Whether it was the consumer driving the color choices or the manufacturer, I don't know. But as I drive my silver 2020 Hyundai down the street I see a whole lot of white, gray, silver, and black from all makes. I drive by the Cadillac dealer on a regular basis, all drab, boring colors on their lot. Now, across the street at the used car dealer there are a lot of colors, but that seems to be what they want to sell. "Boring" colors have always been sold in larger numbers. Perhaps the marketing folks know the real answer. Now, for my car. We weren't looking for a boring color, but bought the car because it was deeply discounted.
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/25/21 07:41 PM

I am partial to them...

Attached picture 1970 Super Bee.jpg
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/26/21 01:44 AM

Not hating on the Green here.
All Green cars I have owned. I will say the this color does matter when it come time to sell
FJ6 moved faster than F8 and F5......

Attached picture 69 RR A12 440-6 Auto 2.jpg
Attached picture 69 RR 383 4 Speed 3.jpeg
Attached picture 69 GTX 440 Auto.jpeg
Attached picture 71 Cuda 340 4 Speed -2.jpg
Posted By: Uberpube

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/26/21 02:15 AM

The greens can be the most radiant colors, the green on my car in the sunlight is pretty amazing, Snakeskin green.
The best color combination I think for the tin grill trucks was the metallic 2 tone green.

Attached picture ssgacr.jpg
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/26/21 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
Originally Posted by TC@HP2

Actually, I think it is what most people have bought. Whether it was the consumer driving the color choices or the manufacturer, I don't know. But as I drive my silver 2020 Hyundai down the street I see a whole lot of white, gray, silver, and black from all makes. I drive by the Cadillac dealer on a regular basis, all drab, boring colors on their lot. Now, across the street at the used car dealer there are a lot of colors, but that seems to be what they want to sell. "Boring" colors have always been sold in larger numbers. Perhaps the marketing folks know the real answer. Now, for my car. We weren't looking for a boring color, but bought the car because it was deeply discounted.

Manufacturers use focus groups to gauge consumer reaction to features and changes. They get 20% that like earth tones, they are going to start throwing them into the mix. Then others like them so the manufacturer starts adding more tones. More are bought, the cycle continues until they sales drop or focus groups change direction. Heck, just the other day I saw a factory brown, late model car. I don't think I've seen factory brown colors since around 1980.

There was a time in the early 00s when everyone had a couple of silvers and greys. New metallics and pearls have brought new life to whites and blacks that didn't exist before. Of course there are always going to be reds and blues. Overall, not a lot of people are particularly adventurous with their car color. As their second largest purchase, most won't go too far out on a limb.
Posted By: topside

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/26/21 07:00 PM

There's a lot of merit to the points made above. Most dealer stock is ordered by the dealer, of course, and they'll be more inclined to "play it safe" on their orders.
So it's a circular deal, not really based on consumer preference but what's available.
The parallel to this is neutral colors in homes; ask any real estate agent.
I suppose another factor on the green cars could be interior color.
I'm all for a green or white interior on them, followed by black, but not brown.
Nevertheless, color variety is nice, no disrespect intended.

I'm seeing some solid colors on new cars now, so maybe there's hope that colors are coming back.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/26/21 10:06 PM

I've seen some nice green cars and some ugly green cars so I think it just all depends on the exact color as well as how the rest of the car is finished off.
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 02/27/21 12:27 PM

if said car has a nose n a wing green is acceptable
Posted By: Greenwood

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/01/21 05:16 PM

The very first car I ever encountered that had a "built" engine was a 69 Charger RT/SE, with a hemi. It had a big solid cam, headers with stock mufflers and turn-downs, and it sounded like no street driven car I had ever heard before. F8 with a black vinyl roof and black interior. I'd own an F8 car in a heartbeat.

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/01/21 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by massdaytona

Not "Back in the Day"..........in fact I found it odd that Dodge and Plymouth and even Ford didn't delete GREEN as an available production color on the Daytona, Superbird and Talladega ???. tsk Any true NASCAR fan from back in the day should know why.

Mike

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/02/21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by A12

Not "Back in the Day"..........in fact I found it odd that Dodge and Plymouth and even Ford didn't delete GREEN as an available production color on the Daytona, Superbird and Talladega ???. tsk Any true NASCAR fan from back in the day should know why.

Mike

Not just NASCAR, but any racer will tell you Green is just plain ol' bad luck....lol!
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/02/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by A12

Mike

Not just NASCAR, but any racer will tell you Green is just plain ol' bad luck....lol!

never heard that.... but when u buy a 'done' green' bird for 42k, and sell it 4yrs later for 150k, i'd say your luck has changed..,.

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/02/21 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by A12

Mike

never heard that.... but when u buy a 'done' green' bird for 42k, and sell it 4yrs later for 150k, i'd say your luck has changed..,.

Bad Luck Green on Race Cars
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/02/21 08:15 PM

Nothing at all wrong with green cars. I have had a '73 Charger in F8, a '69 Dart in Q5.. both with white vinyl tops. I remember as a little kid in the mid to late '60's my parents had our house decorated with ALOT of green! The vinyl couch, the drapes, some rugs in the house, along with white and gold accents throughout. Our house wasn't the only one like that...my grandparents house, my friends parents house down the street....it was a popular color back then, on cars and in houses across the country. twocents
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/04/21 01:42 AM

My cousin's F8 '69 GTX is what turned me on to Mopars back in the mid-80's.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/05/21 11:59 AM

Don't know about you guys but this one is awesome, green or not. I'd take it but not at that price.

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/70-dart-swinger-340-rotisserie-2013.486233/
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/05/21 02:13 PM

Love Green.......I’m Irish so my next one might be emerald green!

Attached picture 86381980-5961-4D32-BC1D-186606724DBB.jpeg
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/05/21 02:21 PM

I like green its my favorite color my 92 D150 is Dark Forest Green, I just ordered a new 21 Ram Classic ,Hemi, reg.cab/ short bed.. they have a Timberland Green color I really wanted but its not available on my configuration , only a 6 cylinder or 8 foot bed which I found odd the dealer checked several times and it was true. They do offer an Olive Green but as much as I like green I don't care for it. I settled for a. silver/ light blue / charcoal color instead called " Maximum Steel ".

Attached picture C8BED4EC-779F-4583-AAF1-89A340BB1EA9.jpeg

Re: Green Mopars. Is the hate still there? - 03/13/21 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
There was a guy here years ago who had a over the top restored 68 Charger in that GG1 (?) dark green color that you don't see a lot of. Probably one of the nicest old cars around here and the green paint job looked a mile deep. Nobody in their right mind could tell you they wouldn't love to own it.

My friend has this '68 Charger 4-speed 383 in GG1, black interior and black vinyl roof a real good looker and head turner. That's my '68 RR FF1 next to him at a cruise in the park that at times would pull in 2k to 3k cars, shock honest never saw anything like it for a local or regional day in the metro park cruise. These two GREEN cars had their fair share of walk around's.........because there were way too many RED, BLACK and BLUE cars laugh2 "Forever GREEN and GREEN Forever" up

Attached picture DSC01912b1.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums