Links and nuts were phosphate. I have NOS. Never have seen natural links.

Washers can be either natural or phosphate. I have seen both. Mine are now phosphate.

Sway bar plates (under the springs) were natural (I have NOS). Mine are now matte clear powder coated by Mike Ross to simulate natural.

Lower shock washers can be natural or phosphate.Mine are now powder coat to simulate natural.

Lower shock washer nuts were generally phosphate, but I have seen some that were clear (silver) zinc.

Lower spring plates (I have NOS) were natural. Mine are now powder coated to simulate natural.

And one more thing, for ANYONE working in this area of the car:

The axle housing ends on an 8-3/4" were NOT PAINTED!!!

I have NOS axle housings which reflect this as well personal examinations of ultra low mileage cars, including Juliano's 10K 71 FC7 Hemi Auto Charger with the 8-3/4" axle. NO PAINT ON THE BEARING AREA. That area is machined (as shown in the attached photos) and left natural, which is why they rust immediately!

The full housing picture is a B-Body unit.

The other pictures (my E-Body housing) show the before (as purchased) and after (wire-wheel cleanup) and the original factory paint application. They taped it off and then painted everything else, including the weld joint for the bearing housing.

Bill Rolik

072106 004.jpgPhoto Archives 30 022.JPGPhoto Archives 30 035.JPG