Originally Posted by MrMayhem
Hey guys,

I need some input on the Eagle brand stroker kits. I am building a 500-ish hp Eddy headed 400/498 motor for my ramcharger and saw this kit as I was shopping the various web stores. At 2k this seems very reasonably priced even though unbalanced. I know eagle has been around for fair amount of time, I just want to know if there is any reason to steer away from this kit.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Eagle/356/21...PyXik-nbqDcqH8PFwvSEb5zZaa_oaMqXPRc1VpEw

thanks

'I've never used Eagle stuff and have no intention of ever using it but there are plenty of people who do use Eagle parts and their engines stay together. So take that for whatever it is worth. If I'm going to build a "budget" engine for someone then I'll typically use Molnar crank and rods and try to find a shelf piston that matches the compression ratio that they want. SCAT is also pretty good and I've used 440Source kits. I've used K1 before as well but Molnar seems to me to have the nicest parts in the "budget" category. The fact that I can buy at dealer pricing from him helps a bunch too.

If a customer wants a serious engine then I step up to the "good" stuff. The Molnar parts work up past 700 or 800 hp but I wouldn't build a guy a 1000 hp engine using Molnar parts. Tom might disagree of course.