Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I'm not a scientist, so take this with a grain of salt. But I think that using the 110 CFM in your formulas is messed up. Because of different vacuum levels. Heads and intake ports are generally tested at 28 in of water column. That is an equivalent of approximately 2 in of mercury. Atmospheric pressure is approximately 14 inches of mercury pressure trying to fill your cylinder. 14 in of mercury pressure is going to push a lot more air through your ports than 2 in of Mercury.

I agree. I brought that up because it's the simple math many people will refer to. I tried to temper that statement with the the other variables.

Hard to say what the actual flow is because conditions change and head flow is modified by the intake. Due to the different shapes and lengths of the runner path (throttle to valve) it's a bit of a crap shoot. I was thinking that most street oriented intakes are designed with stock-ish head flow values. Bigger engines really perk up with bigger heads. A little more intake might help.

I really like the idea of the Indy 2D intake but the casting quality really seems like second rate Chinese garbage. Drop good money on the intake and drop that much more getting someone to straighten it out and make it fit the heads.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon