Originally Posted by Moparite
Are you running stock heads? If not what kind? Indy has both heads and intakes but you didn't say where your power range is. Is it a drag car or trailer puller? There where differences depending on witch Edelebrock(single plane) you got for a 440. I don't think they even make them anymore but the TM-7 was a way better intake than the torker was. I also have an old Weiand with even better runners than the TM-7. If i was building 500+CI Iwould probably run indy heads and intake. You might want check this out.link

The test in that link is for an engine running significantly more cam than I am. That skews the results since the cam will still dictate the operating rpm. Overlap is overlap no matter how many inches you have.

I've got Edelbrock Performer RPM heads being ported as we speak.

This thread was referring to larger engines in street and mixed use applications. Full power builds already have dedicated manifolds.

In my situation, I plan on cruising and misbehaving with a 5300 lb car wearing 28" tires and 3.23 gears. As for the engine, Take a look at this dyno graph for a modern hemi.

[Linked Image]

Now, draw the same shape curve but make every point 200 lb/ft higher. Do the same with the hp but lift it 175.

That is what I want.

Good street manners, able to run power brakes, and behaves like a stock engine but able to go on a rampage at the drop of a hat. Think of it as Godzilla putting on a top hat and black tie before he trashes Tokyo. Clark Kent and Superman. I did it last time using turbochargers. This time I want to do it with displacement.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon