Originally Posted by cudaman1969
And the 01 has had EVERYTHING replaced except the heads- block over a 3 year period. I’m so deep in it now I don’t know which way to go. Parts today are crap compared to 30-40 years ago. I won’t even go into how many things I’ve fixed-replaced and will have to fix-replace in the future on my 06 3500 4x4 diesel pickup. Be nice for one of them to go 6 months without working on either. I have a 15 SRT that’s been in the shop four times and only 20 thousand miles on it. Warranty runs out on the first and scared shitless with what breaks next. I love Mopar but they’re junk today. I’ve had many old mopars and drove them till the wheels fell off, so been there done that.
Oh and if you’re 30-35 20 years is a long time but at 71, 20 years is a blip

Cudaman, I like you and many others have found replacement parts are now crap for the most part. I have gone back to having starters and alternators fixed locally rather than replaced. I also will not buy any part made in China if there is any choice. Lastly I surf ebay all the time for OEM parts for my 2002 Ram van, and buy them up when they don't break the bank- even before they are needed. If I can't find OEM parts, I try to buy from the original OEM supplier at least. Just a couple tips trying to help out sir.