I ran right at 11:1 on my al head 499 wedge. Did okay on 93 most of the time. But it didn't like anything but 93 and in hot weather with some heat soak it would hit the starter when cranking.

I built a 540 rather than a 572. I went with the dual plane rather than the single. I stayed with the 1050 even though it was starting to pull some vac. I went with a flat tappet rather than a roller. I went with the MP Eddy heads rather than some other 'better' heads that would have been more expensive in this situation.

What I am trying to say is that I completely agreed with Barton that if I wanted more power, there were a ton of other ways to get it. I don't know if you have ever been in a position of searching for a particular gasoline that your engine will run on when out cruising, but I have. And it can be a real pain. All those compromises that I made were in the search for driveability while keeping up a reasonable level of performance that is expected for a Hemi.

As it is, even with Cal-Tracs and MT drag radials, traction is always an issue. More power would only be able to be used in fewer situations than I can use now. With a street car, there has to be a compromise between just enjoying driving the car and all-out, every pony possible performance.

Master, again and still