Originally Posted by mopar dave
Its my understanding Hemi's are less prone to detonation. I would put more compression in it and then if you ever go to a larger cam in the future, you will have the compression for it. Compression can be your friend.

I ordered my reciprocating assembly and cam from Ray Barton. Spoke to him directly when ordering and I had wanted more comp, too. He said that Hemis do respond well to additional compression. But for a street car, finding the right gasoline is getting to be more and more of an issue. He suggested 10.25 for mine as it is primarily street. The lower comp ratio does leave some power on the table, but if I wanted more power, he suggested finding it somewhere else such as throwing some more displacement at it. Again, this is for a primarily street driven car.

I run 91 pump swill with no problems even on the hottest days. It might be happy with even less octane, but 91 is readily available most everywhere I go, so I run it. The only concession I make to gas is that I only run Top-Tier rated gasoline.

https://toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

Master, again and still