Hi Team,

Quick question... my air temps are running 140 + on my quarter mile pulls. I opted for water/meth on my procharger for a few reasons. It's my understanding that a blow through throttle body benefits from cooling from mixing air and fuel. secondly water meth should help cool the air prior. My remote tuner is pulling timing once I hit 140 MAT. My thought is that we should be seeing more cooling after the throttle body, and the bottom of the intake runner. With that said, I can't find anything online with this data to prove it (specific to throttle body EFI at least). I'm tempted to pull the intake and put my own probe in the runner so I can see the difference in temps. However, I wanted to see if you guys have thoughts on it. My remote tuner is saying that because the sniper is under pressure, the cooling is not as effective as a carbonated low pressure environment. Anyone have data here to support either way? (I found a youtube video of somebody running E85 on a carb and the air temps were cut in half from throttle body to bottom of plenum)

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question. I'm new to this world of tuning with EFI and boost. However my car is not pulling like it should at the big end. I feel that my Edelbrock RPM (CNC ported) heads are my limiting factor. I did not build the engine for boost originally. Either way, having timing pulled, and high air temps is also not helping.

Thank you