I routinely put 400 laps on GRP's in my junker. They usually got cycled into something else as long as the new owner was aware of the run time and I know of at least one set that has hundreds more laps and over 5K street miles. Of course my engine was not a blower deal and made what it made, I let the pros decide on power but it went 171 at 2975lbs.

Blower deal are a completely different deal for sure. The guys I know who run blower deals in TD seem to prefer a forged aluminum rod over a plate style rod. But these are cars that can go 3.70's or quicker at will, so a fair amount more HP, but they all prefer aluminum over steel. Been having this discussion with a friend who is putting together a lower HP hemi deal and talked to GRP and MGP and both said no worries for what he is looking to do, 7.50's in a 2800lb door car. I will say the engine he purchased had BME rods in it fwiw.

As for steel Carillo, Pankl, Crower all make killer steel rods, but they come at a price for sure. IMO all three are likely overkill for 1000HP. The only issue I see with steel rods is guys put them in the engine and forget about them.

Love to hear more about Mr Covey 4.50 set up. We run 4.50's in Vegas with our dragster NA with a single 4bbl. Always enjoy comparing notes.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"