Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
My wife and have regular jobs but weve been selling parts to help make ends meet.We bid on a house and they excepted our offer,great house even has a man cave type small building behind it.Now im not sure about selling everything,im thinking i may want to hang onto some things.Not sure and what would i put in the man cave?lol!

Ask your wife, she'll know what you should do.

I believe the wife already told him to put the selling on hold until after the move, and to start packing stuff.

Next week is the end of the month, if you have not started packing yet, you better get on it. When your trying to get things packed so they end up in the correct room/area, interruptions are a killer. You need very minimum a full undisturbed week to pack, and another undisturbed week to unpack and get things in some form of order. We have moved 4 times during our 44 years together, every single time we have moved, there is stuff we can't find afterwards. We have found a few of those lost items the next time we moved. What happens if one of those "lost" parts was something someone had already paid for?

Having people stopping by to pick up stuff (or worse yet, having to package and ship something) during this week, or next week will really mess up your packing and unpacking, plus it will be confusing to people that may be buying as to where they pickup their stuff. After you get into the new home and the dust of moving settles, go back to selling if you want.

Moving sucks when everything goes according to plan, adding any distractions to the plan makes moving worse. Gene