Moparts

GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS?

Posted By: rdrnr6970

GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/23/21 05:30 PM

My wife and have regular jobs but weve been selling parts to help make ends meet.We bid on a house and they excepted our offer,great house even has a man cave type small building behind it.Now im not sure about selling everything,im thinking i may want to hang onto some things.Not sure and what would i put in the man cave?lol!
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/23/21 08:53 PM

IMO
House trumps EVERYTHING .

cars and parts can come later.

We bought a really nice house here in Southern AZ. after the move.
Car came about almost 2 years after.

Wise man once told me good things come to those who wait.
I waited nearly 15 years since last sold the car. ,,,,,,and felt that was long enough

boogie drive
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/23/21 10:43 PM

Sell the parts, get the home. Somewhere safe and comfy for you and your family should always come first. Cars will come and go, but your loving wife's nagging will be forever. laugh2
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/23/21 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
Sell the parts, get the home. Somewhere safe and comfy for you and your family should always come first. Cars will come and go, but your loving wife's nagging will be forever. laugh2

iagree
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/23/21 11:34 PM

Cars and parts ALWAYS come first, a place to live is just an afterthought... devil
Posted By: Sniper

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 01:36 AM

You can sleep in your car, you cannot drive your house,
Posted By: mccannix

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 01:57 AM

do what a lot of car guys do.....look for the perfect garage, with a house included.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 03:02 AM

Do you need to sell the stuff for money for the house or just in general?
If you don't need the money for the house and you like selling stuff I'd keep doing it.
If you want to sell to reduce the amount of junk you're moving in and for some extra cash flow I'd keep anything you might need for yourself and whatever is always going up in value and sell the rest.
But I'm the kind of person who keeps anything I think I'll need unless I need the money or space more so I'm not the best person to offer advice. I've lost count of how many times I've gotten rid of certain parts and end up needing them later and either can't find them or cost a lot more then they when I got rid of them rant
Posted By: hergfest

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 07:52 AM

The more you sell, the less you have to move...
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper
You can sleep in your car, you cannot drive your house,

He never said he was selling a car, just parts.

If they're parts that you don't see yourself using, sell them.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by hergfest
iagree
I had a 24x40 ft. shop in SO CA behind my house with a two car garage both full of car parts and stuff plus 27 cars.
I sold most of the cars, several where parts cars that went to scrap yards, I moved three of my cars, no race cars, up here to Oregon in 2005 and bought one of my old cars back in 2009.
I have nine toy cars now and around 6 complete newly built ready to sell pump gas motors that all make over 600 HP, 3 new race blocks and more extra parts than I need realcrazy
This house is bigger than the old house and we have no kids or other relatives living with us, it has a "pole barn" that is bigger than the old shop and it is now fuller also realcrazy shruggy
My message is your life style is determined by you and yours up
Life is a trip, enjoy the journey work thumbs
Make your life as god as you want it wrench

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 06:26 PM

Thanks guys for all youre responses.Were supposed to settle on the house at the end of next month so its coming up fast.I was going to take time with her to post more parts to sell but she said we dont have alot of time,theres so much to do,and we have so much to pack.She appreciates my selling of the car parts last year,she never pushed me into it,she likes and understands our car hobby.Shed like me to cut down our dvd collection and my beer stein collection though,and thin the mopar magazine herd alittle.Lol!We have alot to move not incuding car stuff but a 10 foot bar,barstools,4 china cabinets,3 dressers...etc...I dont even want to think about it i just gave my self a migraine lol.Were hiring movers this time. beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Cars and parts ALWAYS come first, a place to live is just an afterthought... devil

well, DUH................. stirthepot biggrin smoke boogie

he,he,he.......... just "somewhat" kidding.
sell "most" of the parts if you can, keeping man cave "stuff".
beer

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 06:31 PM

Thanks, ohhh ive got man cave stuff lol! drive
Posted By: moparx

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 06:32 PM

which is why my wife hopes she goes first, so she doesn't have to deal with all the "stuff" [but she uses a different descriptive word] in the garage. laugh2
beer
Posted By: topside

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 06:43 PM

Furniture often costs more to move than it's worth if a moving co. is involved.
Especially if it's a long distance.
Depending on your area & local advertising, a yard sale would thin things out.
Having to sell stuff off to make ends meet ? Better look at your budget & lifestyle.
Good luck on the new place, hope it all works out great.

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 06:59 PM

Thanks, selling parts last year helped as she was out of for a few months.We dont have a long distance to move just alot of stuff.When we moved before it took family,freinds to help us and a 27ft moving truck and 3 trips back and forth about 50 minutes to our new place.And man was it pouring out.And we had to stretch it out almost 3 days between packing,unpacking and moving stuff.So this time were hiring a moving company as that move was rough even with everyone involved and using our old hemi truck too.So we did leave a few things behind,nothing worth alot and,sold off some things.So we want this move to go as good as possible. drive
Posted By: topside

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 07:43 PM

When using movers, inventory the valuable stuff, and at least mark the boxes you put it in, unless you can move it yourself.
Last couple of moves I know of using movers, not everything showed up.
I've always packed my stuff myself, and have probably moved at least a dozen times that I can recall.
Labeling the boxes with the room they should go into cuts down on the time the movers have to spend.

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 07:45 PM

Cool ideas thanks!
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 07:58 PM

Consider having an on site auction with an auction company. Everything disappears in 1 day. Then you just have to move the money. When you get to the new house, start accumulating stuff all over. You would want to pick out your most cherished possessions to exclude and move.
I had an auction once from an auction house. They came and got all the stuff and hauled it to their place, where they had regular weekly auctions. It was easy. Some stuff went too cheap, some stuff went for stupid money, it all worked out on average.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/24/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
My wife and have regular jobs but weve been selling parts to help make ends meet.We bid on a house and they excepted our offer,great house even has a man cave type small building behind it.Now im not sure about selling everything,im thinking i may want to hang onto some things.Not sure and what would i put in the man cave?lol!

Ask your wife, she'll know what you should do.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/25/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by AndyF

Ask your wife, she'll know what you should do.

I believe the wife already told him to put the selling on hold until after the move, and to start packing stuff.

Next week is the end of the month, if you have not started packing yet, you better get on it. When your trying to get things packed so they end up in the correct room/area, interruptions are a killer. You need very minimum a full undisturbed week to pack, and another undisturbed week to unpack and get things in some form of order. We have moved 4 times during our 44 years together, every single time we have moved, there is stuff we can't find afterwards. We have found a few of those lost items the next time we moved. What happens if one of those "lost" parts was something someone had already paid for?

Having people stopping by to pick up stuff (or worse yet, having to package and ship something) during this week, or next week will really mess up your packing and unpacking, plus it will be confusing to people that may be buying as to where they pickup their stuff. After you get into the new home and the dust of moving settles, go back to selling if you want.

Moving sucks when everything goes according to plan, adding any distractions to the plan makes moving worse. Gene
Posted By: Dartman440

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/25/21 01:37 AM

LMAO, A good friend of mine had a father who had 2 bicycle stores, A used car lot and he bought and sold classic cars too this was back in the late 70's. If a car or parts sits over a year you do not need it and sell them. That always sits on my mind all the time. drive
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/25/21 03:14 AM

What you need is a big storage trailer. You can load it up now, tow it to the new place, take out what you want/need, then either store/sell the other stuff at your leisure.

If you are interested in that idea, I do have an older trailer in southern NJ I am looking to sell.

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/25/21 07:04 PM

You guys are great sorry if I sounded confused about moving date but wright now it's the end of February,the contracts are going to lawyer for lawyer review.He thinks a better settlement day is March 12th which gives us more time.Past parts are still selling so we're not listing anymore parts.Today I thinned out the magazine heard,tossed out old car shirts, dropped off my wife's old computer.Now time for a drink!lol!Been working on this stuff since 7am.
Posted By: wingman

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/26/21 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
iagree:
iagreex2

I never realize how much stuff own until I have to move it...then I spend the whole time cussing myself--"why do you keep all this cr*p!" grin
Posted By: basketcase

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/26/21 02:50 PM

and CLEARLY mark on any of the boxes things that are FRAGILE, HEAVEY PUT ON BOTTOM.........heard too many horror stories about heavy items put on top of breakables.

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/26/21 02:54 PM

Moore great ideas,my wife and were also talking about labeling boxes with what room theyre going into.And of course we couldnt find chrome lettering we just sold,but my wife found them this morning. up
Posted By: poorboy

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/27/21 02:47 AM

Moore great ideas,my wife and were also talking about labeling boxes with what room theyre going into.And of course we couldnt find chrome lettering we just sold,but my wife found them this morning. up

Yea, we marked our boxes with a dollar store marker, I think there were 2 markers in that dollar package. up Gene

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 01/28/21 06:57 PM

My wife got those markers,good deal.Ive been boxing up things and you do look around and think man thats alot of stuff glad weve got to march 5th.lol!

Re: GETTING A COOL HOUSE,SHOULD I KEEP SELLING PARTS? - 02/20/21 02:36 PM

Well gettting closer to moving into the new house,gotta a week left. eekboxed up alot of car stuff,diecast,parts...My mother inlaw was helping us shes been great!She was really upset when she accidentaly broke the antenna on my blue diecast super bird.She even got glue and fixed it. thumbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums