Thanks to everyone that responded to my questions. The reason I'm looking at a cam change is due to some damage on a couple of cam lobes. I originally picked this cam for a 3.750 stroke 440 and it worked very well in that but at a much higher RPM then in the 4.250 stroke 508.I'm not looking for a big HP gain however if picking a cam that's better suited to my combination nets me additional HP or no HP but maybe it drops off less drastically above peak it's a win. I just don't want to go backwards and lose HP or drastically change the way the car works. I realize that my heads are a cork and replacing them with a Max wedge style port would be a big gain but that's not in my budget. An aftermarket block is also not in the budget so I need to stay within the constraints of the factory block. I split a block in the past but it was due to detonation. My fault and I'm very conscious of it now so it doesn't happen again at least not that way. LOL. I recently spoke with Dwayne Porter and he is very helpful and has a great deal of knowledge regarding combinations similar to mine as do many of you. He suggested a couple of things and I will likely be making a purchase through him but first I have a little bit of homework to do regarding existing springs and valve pockets etc..

cuda maple grove 10-3-2020a1.png