Originally Posted by ou812
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
It’s a 508 with std port Ede heads and a std port intake.

It’s not going to peak at a very high rpm no matter how big the cam is.

The main hurdle with those heads is coming up with enough installed height to fit a spring big enough to allow a cam that’s fast enough/big enough to make much of a difference than what’s posted, or the current cam.
The other issue is with the “big springs”, the integrity of the fairly small rocker stands would be a concern for me.

My guess is, there wouldn’t be too much difference in power from different cams with similar lift and duration, if they are all designed to operate with what is a “typical” spring used on those heads.

Yep, best power is changing the heads! Cam change won't net much if anything.

This raises the question, will the block live with a substantial power increase? If you definately are going after more power with an rb(i assume) shortblock, i would be tempted to try a tunnelram, e85 or methanol, mechanical injection and maybe wrap all three into one package. I ran a mechanical fuel injection and used a carb with no boosters or fuel in it for a throttle body. Worked great. Picked up .25 et and 3 to 4 mph over a gas dominater. Going this way should be easier on the shortblock than bigger heads. Most of the gain will be torque in the same rpm range. If you have interest in this route pm me and i can help you avoid the pitfalls.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky