Originally Posted by moparjim79
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Flooring a car at 30mph or 40mph or whatever takes the driver out of the equation as well as car prep. The driver doesn't have to know anything about the car or how to drive. Just floor it at the appropriate time and see what happens.

Today's muscle cars don't have nearly enough traction to use all their power at launch, but then neither did our cars 50 years ago. Getting the car off the line was a HUGE part of the race. Of course, that took practice and skill.

Like so many other things today, no knowledge, no skill, no experience necessary. Just a payment book.

Roll racing is for Pu$$ies. hammer

Spoken like someone who has absolutely no idea or experience in the matter. If you had in your possession a street legal 700+ whp vehicle, you would not speak this way. Go to a true, sanctioned roll race and spectate, or just watch one online? Guys and gals, we are not talking about street racing.

Well, you are totally wrong about me, my car and my experiences. But you are right that I had street racing in mind and have never seen cars on the track that race from a roll. Didn't even know that there were tracks that were long enough for that kind of stuff. Your position seems to be that it takes as much skill to keep a car on the track at many MPH with the tires spinning than it does to launch one. I just don't get that at all. You make it sound too much like drifting in a straight line. Loosing the hole shot is loosing too much of the important stuff for me. Real drag racers have to negotiate the hole shot and maybe fight to keep the car on the track, too. So, roll racing is drag racing with less skill sets.

I do see where there is an audience for roll racing because the vast majority of new muscle car owners cannot drive what they have. They have to roll race. So they like to see real drivers do it, too. It sorta verifies their incompetence. I'll leave it like this; roll racing is not drag racing. It is an acceleration contest, but not drag racing. If you agree with that, fine. If not, well then just keep on rolling.
beer

Master, again and still