Originally Posted by superbee69
some one must really love that year of duster with all the work you did. my gosh!!

Yes the owner does. It was his high school car he bought when he was 15 when the car was a couple years old. He dated his would be wife in it.. He back in the mid 80's before our great searching by internet tracked the car down. He knew the car was traded into a dealership in Howard SD. He knew the last portion of the VIN. Went and talked with the dealership and asked them if they remember selling a yellow 74 duster. They naturally did not recall it. HE asked to look through the sales books and looked at every 74 duster they ever sold until he came across it. Sure enough as soon as they seen who bought it they remembered it right away as the buyer spun the tires leaving the lot and threw a rock into the show room window busting it out. He learned the buyer lived in Mitchell SD so he went there going through the white pages calling everyone with that last name as that was all he had to go on. Sure enough located the owner's relative that said they remember the car and that they worked at the truck stop. Went there and talked with them. They told him they gave it to a local mechanic shop cause the bill against the car they could not afford. He called that shop and sure enough they still had it and were willing to sell it for what they had against it which was 600 bucks. He bought it back and kept it all these years. At the same time he was a mechanic at the dealership my dad and him worked at in Sioux Falls. Chrysler was selling off a bunch of old sheet metal so he bought quarters,door skins,fenders,hood,upper radiator tie bar and front stone guard thinking someday he would like to fix it up. Fast forward to 2019. He has an AAR cuda that is all original except for a repaint in the 80's. He asked me about restoring the Cuda. My reply was no it was to original and nice. SO his wife said if we aren't going to do the cuda then do the duster. He told her it would be easier to clone the car than fix it up and her reply was if you clone it I don't want to know. Needless to say I am making him one heck of a deal since I have memories back when he got it crawling around in it when I would go spend saturday's with dad when he was working at the shop. I would never do this for just anyone and no way the car will ever be sold out of his family.

Contact Me about AMD Prices