Originally Posted by Runnoft
Originally Posted by WHITEDART
Time to try something new...looking to improve the 60 ft of the car substantially... these are manufactured by LP racing... the current sliders are bolt in so I can always go back if things do not play nicely

I've seen a couple of people try them out somewhat successfully although I'm not convinced they are better than a conventional slider. Tom Barton had them on Nova here on the east coast that runs 4.40's in the eighth and ended up going back to the 10 degree slider. Armen Maghdessian had them on his car in Vegas two weeks ago and they worked great BUT that track was so tight everyone was going personal best 60's. Regardless, I don't think they are an easy bolt on and forget it part - the shock tuning is going to be critical to making the whole thing work. The other thing is - the cars trying to use these are probably 2000+ horsepower combos or close to it. I run leafs and have been in the 1.0 sixty range probably 10 times and have run a 1.06 sixty three times. That's my best so far and I use a 10 degree slider set up. I like the out-of-the-box thinking behind these for sure.
. Just looking for a little more rear travel.. figured it would be worth a try... definitely some challenges ahead. Hopefully a quality science experiment

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb