Originally Posted by moparx
there is also the rear cam soft plug. that is somewhat uncommon, but it bit me one time long ago. i can't remember what engine it was though.
beer
Had a customer several years back that had changed the rear main, pan gasket and even the oil pan several times. first question I asked was who put the oil galley plugs in. He said he hid and SWORE the were sealed and tight. OK.
We proceeded to do the rear main and pan gasket 1 more time. Still leaking. After thoroughly brake cleaning the back of the motor and letting it dry, we started it and let it run for several minutes. We shout it off and using mechanical fingers with a small paper tower wadded up, I carefully snuck it up in bellhousing avoiding the bottom and rear main area.
When I removed we had oil. I said oil does not run uphill. We pulled the trans and flywheel while he watched. The RR galley plug was only finger tight with no sealant.
he left a pan gasket here so i had a sign maker buddy mount the gasket with "THINK OUTSIDE THE PAN JON" LOL

Poor guy he said his driveway looked like the EXXON Vladez had been docked there LMAO beer