on the molded windage tray sealing, the seal material will stick to RTV,
If you are going to run the engine on a break-in stand or dyno, I would try installing the tray/gasket dry and then check for leaks. Tray and crankshaft seals.
You can RTV the gasket and depending on the oil pan rail, you might have to, it just makes the tray gasket material like a one-time use.
Once you use RTV with the tray, you will have to use rtv everytime you have the tray and oil pan apart.
Not really an issue if the crank seals (front and rear main) and you don't plan to take the engine apart again for a long time.

It is a good question. I had a 505" stroker that a friend and I build with his kid. Somehow, a piston was installed without the compression rings.
We had put some rtv at the timing chain cover and rear main seal retainer, so that is when I noticed how the rtv bonds with the trays gasket bead material, when going back into the engine.
I need to keep reminding myself to not get distracted when assembling engines, and double check what other people are doing if they are helping.
FWIW, I was filing the rings at the time, not installing the pistons.