I got the rear main, tray, and oil pan put back together around two weeks ago. Here is what I ended up doing:

- offset the two seal halves by 1/16" from the block, glued together with Lock-Tite 518 (Hughes's instructions mentioned this)
- two seal halves were slathered in bearing assembly lube (like maple syrup)
- very light black RTV where the retainer sits on the block (around bolts) and the retainer/block joint for the oil pan
- very light dab of black RTV on each block/timing cover joint
- tray and pan went on dry besides that

I was very positive about this as I went through 5-6 heat cycles and around 2 hours of run time with not a drop of oil. However, I took the Charger for a drive this morning and it was quite cold - right around freezing. When I got home and took a peek, I saw the dreaded drip on the bell housing.

I pulled the inspection cover and looked at it with the borescope. The crank knurling looks every so slightly "wet" like the most minor of leaks. I am wondering if this had anything to do with the super cold drive...

Anyways, I think I am going to put half a container of the Bars Rear Main Seal treatment as an insurance policy. I'm pretty sure I did this "right" or as right as I am going to get it. My oil filter (second new one) is slightly weepy as well (like one drop per drive) so hoping this will seal up these tiny little leaks.