[i][/i]

The engine has already been apart, which took place as the previous owner took delivery of it from Mancini. He knew of the crate hemi issues, and supposedly addressed them at the time. He has passed away, so I can not verify exactly what he did or did not do to it. The car was featured in Mopar Action in 2011 or 2014...I forget, I’ll have to look at our copy... and the article stated he disassembled and checked everything upon initially getting the engine.

The cam was changed just last year, before it was sold, as they were trying to make the car slightly faster. It was changed from the stock hydraulic crate cam to a step up in size (I was told), and mechanical lifters. It has not been to the track with this combo however, as the owner became sick shortly after the cam change.

I’m not concerned about the engine coming apart or anything, really. It runs strong. In a year or so, I plan to pull the engine and upgrade, as my account will allow. But that’s just not happening this year, having purchased the car one month ago.

I’m more interested in what parts came inside these engines, just out of curiosity. I realize now it’s probably difficult to answer, due to different vendors, etc.

Last edited by 472Coronet; 11/22/20 08:01 PM.