Originally Posted by 68LAR
Does anyone know what the max, "out of phase" angle is for the end yokes of a two yoke drive shaft? I've read anywhere from 1*- 3*.

I'm a bit confused by some of the nomenclature being used in this post and some of the responses. I found this article helpful in understanding my driveline and it's set-up. Also, I have often consulted with Dr Diff for further verification of my findings before I alter things.

https://www.hotrodhotline.com/md/html/drive_shaft_harmonics.php

My driveline is smooth as silk until I get to around 98 mph. Once I begin to exceed that, I get a vibration that increases in intensity the faster I go. At 130+ it is down right scary, so I no longer exceed 100 mph. I believe it is related to the excessive freeplay at the yoke to transmission bearing, both of which are new. There are several posts about this here and on For A-Bodies only.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)