Thanks for all the feedback. First of all- ALL my antique cars have battery disconnects. The only one that doesn't get disconnected everytime it gets parked is our 88 RamCharger since my wife drives it in the summer and she's too short to raise and lower the hood unless she's on a step ladder.

I tested the battery tonight. 12.75 sitting with engine off, 14.6-14.8 running at varying rpm's.
I fiddled with the wiring again. I can make the power turn off and on by pushing and pulling on the fusible link where it connects to BH connector block. As I mentioned above all new wiring harnesses from YO.
I stopped by my buddies garage on way home from work, he's a mopar guru in this area. He agree's it seems like a possible power surge, suggested I pull the alternator and get it tested. When I pull the instrument cluster to replace the voltage limiter I will check all wiring and connections. Couldn't find any wires in engine bay that looked burnt or crispy. Still need to spend some time in engine bay checking connections.

My Dad always told me, when setting goals " avoid disappointment, aim low".