Originally Posted by IMGTX
As you know from wiggling the wiring near the Fusible link and the fusible link that the link is probably burnt. Replace it and see if you still have problems.

Originally Posted by NHCharger

Can't get the gauges to work, think the voltage limiter on the back side of dash is fried. I wiggled and yanked on the starter relay wires to no avail to try and get the interior lights to shut off.

This makes me nervous. The last time I had lights not be able to be turned off the under dash harness had started to burn and wires were shorted.

Replace the Fusible link and see where you stand. Disconnect the light switch and if you still have lights on there is a short.

Also start pulling fuses to see if the lights go out. let us know which fuse it is.

Let me clarify. I had my driver side door open when I was working on the car on the side of the road so I would know if the power came back on. In my shop tonight I had the DS door open and was wiggling the wires to if I could get the power to turn back off. Trying to re-create the issue to pinpoint the problem. Sorry if I wasn't clear on this in my original post.

My Dad always told me, when setting goals " avoid disappointment, aim low".