Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Originally Posted by moparacer
don't need an anti squat calculator for ladder bars.

Its lots.

Fact. I've never seen a ladder bar car squat.

The differences between 4 links and ladder bars is way more involved than just "more adjustments". Upper and lower bars are independent of each other and are doing different things to the chassis and the housing when the housing tries to rotate. A ladder bar does one thing - lift.

My Dart will squat; 30 inch ladderbars. The front bottom hole is below the neutral line, or was at 50/50 weight distribution. When i shifted a BUNCH of weight forward and got it below 47 pct on the rear, it became much less visible and i think now is close to zero squat. A ladder bar will be violent even below the neutral line because the instant center can't in most ladderbar cars be set below the neutral line, or if it can, not by much. So there are two forces at work. The whole axle trying to wind around the instant center, which is modulated by the shocks and springs, and that same force as it is redirected into push on the forward mount. I scratched my head over this one for a while, but the videos of my car kept telling me this.
At one setting i was On the neutral line I believe, and the car would violently torque roll, twisting the car to the point it would run out of rear shock travel, and the left rear slick would come off the track! That was seen by fellow racers watching time trials. This can be the result of torqueroll forces of the driveshaft trying to twist the axle like a propeller. The amount of twist can then pull the passenger side ladderbar one way and the other side the other way, and the result can be quite a ride!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wxsf1Jn627mQ43B26
This is a pic showing some of the twist; it got a lot worse for a acouple of runs till i figured it out.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky