I am looking to find out how much room is around an LA engine, stock configuration (everything, basically) in a 71 ebody (barracuda). I am asking this to see if it is possible to lower the engine and inch or so to gain more clearance in the tunnel. This would be to add a modern transmission without having to cut anything. I want to run my original engine with a 8 speed and seeing what can be done without cutting.

If someone has a small block with stock components (k frame, suspension, steering, etc.) can do a little measuring and see how much clearance there is from the closest component (and what that might be). I think if the engine can come down and inch or so, that would really help. I know Holley has new mounts out for the Gen3/8speed that lowers and moves forward the engine and trans so no cutting is needed but this is just for a Gen3. My original engine is halfway built and I want to use it and a shaker setup.

Bonus question: Is there adjustment in the shaker setup if it is possible to move the engine forward an inch as well?