Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
I really don't want to cut up the car, so I was trying to see if it is feasible to get things lower. I don't want "the worms" LOL

Neil, I am thinking that center link is the lowest piece as well, wondering how close it is to the pan. Won't spacers interfere with suspension geometry, steering, etc.?

I have a 42RH just rebuilt and upgraded ready to go in case I don't go with the 8 speed idea. I'd rather use that than a GM transmission.

Thanks for the input for the shaker question.

I have seen hemicuda race cars with 1" spacers and the shaker hood bent up down the center to get it all under the hood. I would not do it on a car you want to drive a lot, steering shaft angle, and upper control arm travel issues. I guess with a ujoint on the steering shaft, adjustable upper arms, adjustable struts, the bump stops moved, and a good alignment shop you could do it. 1" If I wanted an 8-speed I would cut the floor out and just do it, cut it in one piece and save it for a resto and enjoy your car. Keep in mind once you experience an 8-speed and a great driving car you will never go back to stock.