I'm not a fan of the tie down metal hooking onto the metal on the car hold downs due to wear and potentially causing stress riser in the hold own metal work
I've hauled and towed a bunch of different cars starting back in the old days with a tow bar on the race car, once only, and open trailers and open ramp trucks and then enclosed truck and trailers. I used a 1/2 ton come along(small ratchet hoist) with chains to hold the other end of the car and then ratchet tie downs with straps. I prefer the straps and ratchet tie downs, one on each corner, to wrapping a chain onto some part of the car to hold it tsk
I wreck one NHRA Hemi stock car using a 1/2 ton come long in front to hold the car and a small chain wrapped around the rear end housing tied down to the rear of the borrow trailer realcrazy
I had my wife and the driver of that car in the front seat of my 1/2 ton 1960 Ford pickup, I hit a large dog that ran out in front of my truck, it got stuck under the front fender and passenger side front tire making my pick up jack knife and slide off the other side of the road into the ditch, the rear tie down chain broke on the race car allowing it to run over the front tire stops and run up onto the back of my pick up bed and then rolling over onto it tops totaling that car shock whiney The owners of the car had no insurance on it and my insurance didn't cover me hauling "race cars", but it does now up
I have special coverage on all of my toy cars, AKA "Race Cars" which has paid for damages to them at the track when another car ran into it while park behind my trailer up Get you some of that twocents
IHTH

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 09/29/20 03:32 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)