Thanks, yeah I'm kind of OCD about working on stuff, I like doing projects but it's more fun to drive them so I tend to work from dawn till dusk just so I can drive it boogie. The blue truck is a 74 318 2bbl Auto, long bed stepside, it was bought new by my grandad, he was a cotton farmer in north east Louisiana, since he was only about 5'6 he hated fleetside trucks because they were too hard to get stuff out of the bed, his old 65 Chevy step side was worn out and the local Chevy dealer didn't have a long bed stepside in stock and according to him weren't very cooperative about getting him one...so down to the Dodge dealer he went...they had this blue one in stock, he had had a good crop that year so my grandmother wrote a check for it (3676.56). My grandmother was an incredible record keeper so I have every single piece of paper from the dealership and the maintenance records. When the first gen diesel Dodge pick-ups came out my grandad said he was going to trade the old blue truck in on one, I begged him not to and told him I would pay him whatever the dealer offered him on trade in, he agreed said he would let me know. The years rolled by, my grandmother passed away, my granddad developed Alzheimer's and began sneaking off in the blue truck and getting lost, driving through fences out into plowed fields and not knowing how he got there. The truck and it's keys were hidden from him as his condition worsened, he passed away with the truck still hidden in the barn. My aunt called me after his estate was settled and offered the truck to me if I would come get it out of the barn and get it running, it was a mess, the barn rats and mice had eaten most of the fuel lines and a lot of wiring but my dad and I got it all fixed and drove it home...that was in 2001. The odometer shows 256k miles, it is rust free, I finally pulled the original engine last year and built a 360 for it but the original engine will be rebuilt and reinstalled soon as I get around to it...long story of the old blue truck... beer

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD