I put in the new voltage regulator. Now I think my gauges are reading low. My temperature gauge reads ~170 degrees Fahrenheit when running. It does go up to 180 degrees when the thermostat opens up, but then holds 170 steady. Oil pressure looks a little low. Gas gauge is a little weird. I put gas in the tank until I saw fuel in the filler neck and it read about 3/4 to 7/8 full. It did go up to full when I parked downhill, so maybe the filler neck was still draining into the tank or the float needs adjustment.

Is it possible for the temperature gauge to read lower than the stat temperature? I just installed a 180 degree high flow Edelbrock thermostat and new coolant. The radiator is huge, it was the thickest Griffin 26" radiator they sold ten years ago. I didn't have much clearance with that radiator so I put a Flexalite fan in. I think I might be picking up extra resistance from the bulkhead connector, which is causing the temp gauge to read low. I don't remember if I installed pipe tape on the temperature sensor. That could be effecting the reading too.