Originally Posted by DrCharles
Thanks for the recursive post. grin
Regarding airflow, the radiator is just sitting there behind the grill, basically open to the incoming air. I recently posted that I completely removed the fan/shroud assembly completely, and still had temps well above the t-stat opening when driving at 30 mph. Would ducting really be necessary or helpful? In your experience, at what speed does the fan stop contributing? Is 30 mph not enough? work
wink

Is 30 MPH sufficient ? That is not easy to answer as the ambient temp varies, plus the heat being generated is unknown. I, like the others would suggest a higher speed say 50 or 60, especially without the baffling in place.

Again i would encourage the use of a T/C as it's response is immediate and can give you a better idea of what and when things are going astray

Cardboard baffles are a cheap thing to try. Do not forget the seal across the top of the core support to hood, any type of hose of foam works well for experimentation.

Also be aware that all radiator cores are not created equally (IE: bean counters at work) Sometimes one gets what they pay for wink

as a last resort Might want to give Glen Ray a call beer