Originally Posted by DrCharles

I guess one relatively simple way to try out your theory would be to remove the fan assembly and go for a drive! If they're really getting in the way (both off and on), it should be fine at any speed above 15 mph or so.

....and I was going to suggest that but don't want to be responsible for blowing up your hopped-up Big Block. wink

I will add this: I don't run a fan at all on my '84 318, my '98 318 QC 4x4, or my '01 RC 318 4x4. All Freeway here; if I run into traffic they are all still cool unless there is strong tailwind, I get into gridlock or say 3 red lights in a row at 80 plus degrees. My '01 QC 360 4x4 has a small electric fan (because I care about it, lol) of unknown origin (thought to be from an Omni) with a 15 amp switch (it runs real slow, lol) and I barely ever use it.

I suggest a little plan for your highway experiment: have a quick-connect pigtail for your fans and make provisions to use zip-ties to mount it and plug it in real quick if you run temperature. I doubt you will need it, but, be prepared in case you have other issues.

Otherwise, yeah, I'd butcher that Ford setup in half and go hit the road. up

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".