OK..;.. Wife and I have a beautiful 2012 Challenger SXT Sport Plus with 17K garaged miles. We bought it new, and wife adores it.

[Linked Image]

However, I've been getting the vintage Corvette itch lately. We used to own a 1986 Vette years back, but wife would hardly drive it because it was a manual. She hated those stops on hills!

We are not fans of the later model Vettes for a variety of reasons.

She's always had a love for the "fender hip" era Vettes, and couldn't care less about horsepower. I'd like to see her get an automatic Vette that she wouldn't be afraid to drive.

I'm taking a hard look at the C3's. I know its a horsepower drawback, but just something about that era Vette. And I don't want to spring big bucks for an nice condition C2.

So, there is a 1979 Vette listed locally. 34K garaged miles, original owner. Completely stock. It looks like a creme puff, but we are going to check it out tomorrow. L48 engine with most of the options available at the time.

[Linked Image]

They want 19K, which is close to what I figure our Challenger is worth, give or take a couple thousand.

While we could definitely afford both, garage space is the problem. We only have a two car garage, and she likes to have her Honda daily driver in there. So, its either keep the Challenger, or sell it and get the Vette (if it meets our approval).

Another thought to enter into the equation: I would think the Challenger will continue to diminish in value with time, but the Vette would likely at least hold it's own. Or drop less drastically.

I know its a personal decision, but I'd appreciate thoughts...; wave